Tens of thousands march in Yemen against Saudi-led airstrikes (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
According to RT’s Ruptly news agency, hundreds of thousands of people took part in the demonstration. However, there is no official confirmation of the number.
Earlier this year, the UN made an urgent appeal to combat famine in the country, as an estimated seven million people are facing starvation. Currently, over three million people, including 2.1 million children, are acutely malnourished or food-insecure.
Casualty figures have exceeded 10,200 since the beginning of the conflict, with a reported 40,000 injured and more than three million displaced. Over the past month alone, 106 civilians have been killed in Saudi-led airstrikes, the UN said in a press release.
“Two years of wanton violence and bloodshed, thousands of deaths and millions of people desperate for their basic rights to food, water, health and security – enough is enough,” UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein said on Friday.