onsdag 31. mai 2017

Ukrainian Health Ministry unable to buy vaccines for three years

In Kiev, three cases of botulism infection were registered, including one with a fatal outcome. All the victims ate dried fish, purchased in the largest supermarkets of the city.

According to the director of the Ukrainian Association of Trade Network Suppliers Alexey Doroshenko, the accident happened because of the lack of veterinary inspection and irresponsibility of the stores administration.
"Today there is no strict quality control of products. Typically, when suppliers bring fish to stores, they have one certificate for different types of fish. And stores also do not pay much attention to documents. They checked that it looks normal and there is no smell, signed the papers and took the goods," he said.
Poisoning with botulism in Ukraine will continue, says the president of the All-Ukrainian Council for the Protection of Rights and Safety of Patients Viktor Serdyuk:
"In fact, this is not the first case of poisoning by botulism in Ukrainian stores. This has happened and will happen, because we do not have a system of responsibility and programs for infectious safety. For three years we have been demanding that the Ministry of Health provides a supply of whey against botulism. But it has not yet been ordered. And yet this poison is the most toxic on the planet: one gram of botulinum toxin can kill a million people," says Serdyuk.
DONi News Agency