tirsdag 30. mai 2017

Watch: Former NH Gov. Eviscerates CNN’s Camerota Over Asinine Trump/Russia Question

Former Republican New Hampshire Governor and Chief of Staff under George H. W. Bush John Sununu let loose on CNN’s Alisyn Camerota this morning after the latter insisted Sununu should be concerned over the Russia/Trump collusion nonsense.

“Nothing to see there?” asked Camerota, repeating allegations that Jared Kushner met with an influential Russian banker who has ties to Vladimir Putin.

“Well tell me what you think is to see there and I’ll comment on it,” shot back Sununu.

“What do you think would be the motivation –,” began Camerota.

“I don’t think there’s anything there,” Sununu interrupted.

At this, Camerota and Sununu began a shouting match, with Sununu accusing her of prying and Camerota demanding to know why Kushner and the banker met.

“Because during the 10 weeks everybody is trying to meet somebody who’s going to be in the administration,” Sununu retorted. “Everybody who’s involved in business, everybody who’s involved in politics.
I can’t tell you how many people tried to meet with me during the time I was named Chief of Staff.”

“And would you have carved out time to meet with a Russian banker with ties to Vladimir Putin,” the CNN talking head fired back.

“First of all, Putin wasn’t there,” shot back Sununu with a chuckle. “You’re asking hypotheticals on hypotheticals.”

When Camerota stated she was merely trying to read his comfort level on the Trump/Russia issue, Sununu stated, “the only discomfort I have is with folks in the media trying to create a veniality without having the courage to specifically tell me what the veniality that I should be concerned about is.”

“I don’t see any evidence of collusion – do you?” he demanded.

Camerota responded by stating no, but insisting “we’re at the beginning of the investigation.”

“You’re seven months into the investigation,” Sununu shot back. “Seven months.”

See the full hilarious clip below.