søndag 19. mars 2017

Well-known pianist Seivewright participates in international Jazz Forum held in DPR

The world-renowned British pianist Peter Seivewright on 18 March closed with the sympho jazz the VIII International Festival "Jazz Forum" concert in the DPR capital. The musician performed on the stage of the Donetsk State Academic Philharmonic the works of the legendary American composer George Gershwin.
"I'm in Donetsk for the second time, and I can say that the city is getting better and better. On my first visit, I noticed for myself that the capital of your Republic is beautiful, but now I see that Donetsk has blossomed and acquired new colors. People from the West are trying to destroy you, constantly shelling you, they are bringing you a war, but in spite of this, you build, develop, make your life better and brighter. And it's wonderful," said Seivewright.
Also, the famous pianist will become an honorary professor of the Donetsk State Music Academy named after S.S. Prokofiev.
"I visited your music academy, and I was offered to become her honorary professor. I accepted this offer with great joy. So I will come to Donetsk to work with students - to give lectures and give master classes. This, as for me, is great," he noted.
DONi News Agency